Welcome to Austin Texas Real Estate!
10 Reasons To Live In Austin
Contributed by ATR Admin on August 29, 2009
Austin is the fourth largest city in Texas and was the third fastest growing city in the US between 2000 and 2006. Austin was selected the top Best Big City in "Best Places to Live" by Money magazine in 2006, and the "Greenest City in America" by MSN.
In addition to being just plain weird and awesome, here are 10 reasons why people love Austin.
1) There are 220 public parks in Austin, the largest being Zilker Park at 360 acres.
2. Austin was ranked the 5th safest city with fewer than 3 people per 100,000 murdered annually.
3. The median family annual income in Austin is $63,000; the average price of a family house is a very affordable $203,000.
4. Austin enjoys some of the most generous homestead exemption protections in the USA.
5. The city is home to enough large sites of major technology corporations to have earned it the nickname "Silicon Hills" and provides many top jobs in the area. Dell is located in Round Rock.
6. Austin was voted America's #1 College Town by the Travel Channel. The University of Texas is is one of the largest public universities in the country with nearly 50,000 students living on West Campus.
7. Public schools are good, and a host of private schools are available, as well. Some of the best school districts in Austin are in Roundrock and Leander. Roundrock has 12 schools which received an exemplary rating.
8. Austin's official slogan promotes the city as "The Live Music Capital of the World", a reference to its status as home to many musicians and over 200 live music venues.
9. Austin’s Green Belt is a system of connected parks (totaling 809 acres) that winds and weaves its way throughout South/Central Austin, providing 8 miles of mountain biking and hiking trails and numerous swimming holes.
10. One of the best neighborhoods for families is Rosedale. It has an excellent network of medical and leisure facilities and is very popular with families.
Austin Grants Provide Homes for Veterans
Long term growth for Austin Real Estate looks positive
Austinites focus charity local over Mexico due to swine flu and recent violence
Read more recent blog posts...
what is population of circle C?
where do most young active professional asians live in austin
Get your questions answered...
Welcome to AustinTexasRealty! Regardless of what’s happening in other areas, the Austin real estate market is as hot as ever. In fact, Austin was recently ranked as the 4th hottest real estate market in the entire country! But being in the right market is only half of the equation.
Our goal here at ATR is to facilitate open and honest communication between users and local realtors, mortgage brokers, appraisers, and other real estate professionals. Whether you’re interested in purchasing, selling, renovating, or flipping some Austin Real Estate, our interactive community is here to help guide you in the right direction. promote Why go at it alone when you can leverage the knowledge of the experts? Ready to get started? Here are a few of our free tools: